Thursday, January 8, 2009

All I Know...

Yesterday our file was signed off on by the head of our agency. Which means our file should go to the capital of our state, sit on a desk, and wait for a license number. If the agency wants to place a child/children with us then they can call the office of where our file sits and get a license number. Breathing easy?? No, my house is a disaster after the holidays!!! We have company coming this weekend (my inlaws and BIL and SIL who are waiting for a China baby). We have shared the news with them (only 2 weeks ago, yikes). We kept putting off telling them because they are so excited about their own baby, which is going to take a long time to get. They have no children, we have 3. They have been so supportive, I just didn't want to share and something happen and us not get licensed, blah blah. My reasons are endless I suppose. I am so excited to finally be in line to get a call!! I told myself I would NOT act like this but I think it's impossible not to! What if we get a call while we have all this company??? Nevermind, me and my 'what if's' will drive everyone nuts, especially me! I just know I need to clean, study (I'm working on my BA and I have homework tonight--on top of everything else!). So here's to being so busy that my head is spinning, I prefer it to being bored. Cheers!
Also, in regards to learning to live in the present. Today I was helping my oldest son with his vocabulary (he is homeschooled), and he kept rambling on and on about other stuff. He talks constantly and it can be a struggle to keep him on task (ADD). So I was getting frustrated, interrupting his stories, and trying to rush him through his vocab. Then I remembered what was important, not the vocab. Him, he needs to feel listened too. So I shut my mouth. I listened to his stories and thoughts, his mind was working and he had lots of things on his mind. With ADD this is ALL the time. Then I would say, 'Let's look at the next word', and he would. We got through vocab, he did his vocab worksheet, didn't miss any! It just took longer than I wanted it too, but maybe I didn't know what I wanted. What did my son talk about? Religion, sin, God, forgiveness, heaven, witchcraft, World War II, Germany, Russia, Nazi's, Jews, Holocaust, Africa, and missionaries. Some of this was triggered by his vocab words, then the topics just snowball. He is a joy to talk to, I am thankful for him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE that you shut your mouth and listened. THANKS for the reminder that I need to do the same with my home schooled TRIBE!
HUGS, I'll bet you are so excited! We however cannot foster any more since we are considered FULL! It makes my heart sad, there is such a need.

Cajunrose said...

That's what homeschooling is all about...being able to 'stop and smell the roses'. I hope I'm able to 'shut up and listen' when the time comes.

Do you jump every time the phone rings? I do!!! It's a crazy feeling isn't it? We are right there together...in the same place. I hate a ringing phone right now...because every call is just a disappointment waiting on the other side.

RaizenBoyz said...

Cajunrose, that is really funny because I DO jump and run for the phone EVERY time it rings!!! So funny, but drives me nuts! Hope your phone rings soon :)