Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fire Inspection Complete!

I am so relieved, our fire inspection is DONE! We have a safety inspection this Thurs, then that is IT!!!! We will be licensed by December I bet!!! This is a lot of work, not hard but time consuming. Already we have put so much into the foster system with zero reward. Which of course is part of it. We did say 'yes' to drug addicted babies. I was torn with that because my heart said 'yes' before my mind said, "hold on, this is serious". My biggest concern is long term cognitive issues and mental illness. We want to adopt, these children we are going to foster are our future children. So I have major cause for concern over what kinds of problems these babies are going to face in the future. I don't know, I'm trusting God. It's hard to 'checklist' your child. Our own biological children wouldn't pass many people's 'checklist' of a child. We are open, willing, and available. That is what God asks of us. I'm nervous, excited, and hopeful we will have a child soon.

No comments: