Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fostering Beginnings

How do you know what is right? Is is a feeling? Confirmation from another source? Does it just fall into place? Does God lead us to His path? Here we are, wanting more children. We see the need for foster parents, we want to adopt a daughter. Fostering has been in my heart for a long time. Just recently my husband and I opened up the possibility of fostering seriously. We know parenting is hard, we have 3 boys. We love being parents, we love being married. We are acting out of faith, believing this may be our right path for the immediate future. I wish I could say that I was 100% confident and happy about fostering. Instead I am scared and full of questions. I do want to foster, but along with comes all the mixed up emotions. I want to help, but I want to protect my family and myself. I pray that God will give us the strength we need to be loving parents for our children and our future foster children. Parenting is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I love it. I love being a MOM!

1 comment:

Ariane said...

I just happened upon your page while looking for blogs about fostering. I'm trying to sneak in time in my crazy schedule to read it from the very beginning--because we are about to go down this same road. We go to a foster parent interest meeting on February 1st. We really feel that God is calling us to this, and I have the same doubts and fears you expressed at the beginning. Thank you for chronicling this journey for those who follow behind you!